Onedimensional Hydrodynamics: Advection
- This version of the applet solves only the advective transport
of mass for a velocity field specified by the user.
- obviously, the temperature has no meaning here
- The textfield smoothing allows the user to control the
amount of smoothing applied to the solution at each time step.
This simple version of artificial viscosity suppresses instabilities
caused by the adopted discretisation, especially in the presence
of strong jumps or gradients in the density distribution.
- all other Explanations and Help
- the simple version uses the same
- the conservative version
| Applet Index